Course OverviewDownload PDF
In this course, students learn the skills that are required for ongoing operations and maintenance of IBM WebSphere Commerce V7. The course begins by explaining how to install, configure, and administer WebSphere Commerce, and continues to topics such as deploying WebSphere Commerce stores, troubleshooting, security, ongoing maintenance, and tuning performance. Students also learn how to administer new and unique features of IBM WebSphere Commerce V7 and its associated feature packs. That includes installing mobile and social commerce features, search engine optimization, working with add-on features, and administering the payment infrastructure.
Hands-on lab exercises throughout the course allow students to practice the key tasks that are involved in administering an IBM WebSphere Commerce V7 installation. The exercises cover skills such as installing and configuring WebSphere Commerce, installing, and configuring fix packs and feature packs, publishing a customized starter store, configuring the messaging infrastructure, and publishing social and mobile commerce features.
This intermediate course is designed for administrators of IBM WebSphere Commerce V7.
- Describe the functions and features of IBM WebSphere Commerce V7 and its feature packs 1 through 5
- Install and configure IBM WebSphere Commerce V7
- Install and configure IBM WebSphere Commerce fix packs and feature packs
- Publish starter stores for the IBM WebSphere Commerce V7 business models
- Manage organizations and users within the various business models
- Deploy customizations and updates using WCBD
- Configure caching of store pages, including edge server caching
- Configure security for an IBM WebSphere Commerce site
- Configure logging and perform basic troubleshooting
- Install and configure the functions and features of Mobile and Social Commerce
- Administer the functions and features of Sterling Software for WebSphere Commerce
1. Installing and Configuring WebSphere Commerce
2. Administering WebSphere Commerce
3. Deploying WebSphere Commerce stores
4. Troubleshooting and Performance Monitoring
5. Managing organizations and users
6. Web services and the Messaging infrastructure
7. The Loader Utility and Updating WebSphere Commerce stores
8. Ongoing Maintenance
10. Search engine optimization
11. Installing and Configuring Mobile and Social Commerce Features
12. Administering Add-on Features
13. Administering the payment infrastructure
15. Course summary
You should have the following:
- Successful completion of IBM WebSphere Commerce V7 Foundation (6S221), or equivalent experience with WebSphere Commerce
- Basic database administration skills
- Basic Web server admini
We offer training globally in over 36 countries, for course dates, please contact us
Request a Discounted Quote
Bring Training to You
Request schedule for this course
Request a Quote for this Class
We provide government and government contractor discounts, please request a quote
total option: 0
Hotel and Travel can be included on your quote.
For immediate response, you can call 1-855-515-2170 or we will provide a quote within 4 business hours. Travel must be booked 14 days before training for rate to apply.
Learn How to Become a Managed Learning Member
Request a Quote
Thank you for requesting a quote, we will be in touch shortly with a quote. If you need immediate assistance, please call 855-515-2170.