Developing Multichannel Applications with IBM Web Experience Factory 8.5
List Tuition : $2,195.00 USD
Course OverviewDownload PDF
This course is designed to develop multichannel applications with IBM Web Experience Factory. IBM Web Experience Factory supercharges application development with tools and technology for creating, customizing, deploying, and maintaining portlets, widgets, and web and rich clients. This course is designed to help students develop the skills that are needed to create and assemble multichannel applications easily and rapidly by using Web Experience Factory, formerly known as WebSphere Portlet Factory.
On day 1 of the course, students are introduced to Web Experience Factory through an overview of developing multichannel applications for desktop browsers, smartphones, and tablets, and then begin by using Web Experience Factory to create a simple application. More in-depth, hands-on experience is offered on Day 2 of the course, during which students create a simple, data-driven application, and a desktop application. On Day 3, mobile and multichannel enhancements are explored through discussion and hands-on activities.
The target audience for this intermediate course is web developers from various backgrounds, such as Java; Java Platform, Enterprise Edition; and Microsoft .NET.
- Use Web Experience Factory to create applications that can be used on multiple devices, including desktops, smartphones, and tablets
- Extend applications by adding mobile and multichannel enhancements
- Overview of Web Experience Factory and multichannel applications
- Getting started with Web Experience Factory
- Exercise: Hello World!
- Creating a simple, data-driven application
- Exercise: Creating a simple, data-driven application
- Implementing application patterns
- Exercise: Creating an application for pattern-based development
- Creating a desktop application
- Exercise: Creating a desktop application
- Controlling and customizing the user interface
- Exercise: Customizing theme of a desktop application
- Accessing and transforming data
- Exercise: Creating a customized theme for the desktop application
- Adding mobile capabilities to an application
- Exercise: Enabling mobile features
- Adding multichannel behavior to your application
- Exercise: Using profiles to add multichannel behavior to your application
- Adding mobile-specific features
- Exercise: Adding geolocation to applications
- Describe client-side architecture and Dojo Mobile
- Exercise: Adding client-side application model
- Advanced profiling
- Exercise: Adding role-based profiling to an application
- Debugging, troubleshooting, and error handling
- Exercise: Troubleshooting and debugging a simple application
- Using Web Experience Factory in multi-person teams
- Building hybrid applications to use device-specific features
- Course summary
You must be proficient in developing web-based applications in any programming language. An intermediate knowledge of WebSphere Portal and Java/Java Platform, Enterprise Edition is also required.
We offer training globally in over 36 countries, for course dates, please contact us
Request a Discounted Quote
Bring Training to You
Request schedule for this course
Request a Quote for this Class
We provide government and government contractor discounts, please request a quote
total option: 0
Hotel and Travel can be included on your quote.
For immediate response, you can call 1-855-515-2170 or we will provide a quote within 4 business hours. Travel must be booked 14 days before training for rate to apply.
Learn How to Become a Managed Learning Member
Request a Quote
Thank you for requesting a quote, we will be in touch shortly with a quote. If you need immediate assistance, please call 855-515-2170.