IBM WebSphere Service Registry and Repository V8.0 for Administrators
List Tuition : $1,695.00 USD
Course OverviewDownload PDF
This 2-day course is designed to teach you how to install, secure, and maintain IBM WebSphere Service Registry and Repository.
IBM WebSphere Service Registry and Repository provides a robust, centrally managed system of record for service artifacts within a service-oriented architecture (SOA). Your organization can get more business value from your SOA by using WebSphere Service Registry and Repository to store, access, and manage service metadata so that services can be effectively shared, managed, and governed.
This course uses an interactive combination of lectures and hands-on lab exercises. The course begins by introducing you to the concept of service registries and to the architecture of WebSphere Service Registry and Repository. In subsequent units and exercises, you learn how to install, deploy, and administer WebSphere Service Registry and Repository environments. You also learn how to troubleshoot and configure role-based security on WebSphere Service Registry and Repository.
The lab environment for this course uses the Microsoft Windows platform.
This intermediate course is designed for system administrators and deployers of IBM WebSphere Service Registry and Repository.
- Deploy Service Registry in a stand-alone or highly available configuration
- Plan a WebSphere Application Server topology for Service Registry
- Set roles and permissions to enforce access
- Save, manage, and load configuration profiles
- Browse service metadata through the web user interface (web UI) and Business Space
- Perform administrative and configuration tasks through scripting
- Describe the Service Registry information model
- Identify the application programming interfaces to Service Registry
- Course introduction
- WebSphere Service Registry and Repository overview
- Installation and deployment
- Exercise: Installing a stand-alone Service Registry instance
- Architecture and information model overview
- Configuration profiles
- Exercise: Setting up a configuration profile
- User interfaces: web UI and Business Space
- Exercise: Using Service Registry through the web UI and Business Space
- Securing the Service Registry application
- Exercise: Configuring WebSphere Application Server security
- Roles and permissions
- Exercise: Setting Service Registry roles and permissions
- Administration and promotion
- Exercise: Performing administrative tasks through scripting
- Course summary
You should be able to:
- Install, configure, secure, and administer IBM WebSphere Application Server V8.0 Network Deployment
- You can fulfill this prerequisite through experience, or by successfully completing one of the We
We offer training globally in over 36 countries, for course dates, please contact us
Request a Discounted Quote
Other Courses You May Like
Bring Training to You
Request schedule for this course
Request a Quote for this Class
We provide government and government contractor discounts, please request a quote
total option: 0
Hotel and Travel can be included on your quote.
For immediate response, you can call 1-855-515-2170 or we will provide a quote within 4 business hours. Travel must be booked 14 days before training for rate to apply.
Learn How to Become a Managed Learning Member
Request a Quote
Thank you for requesting a quote, we will be in touch shortly with a quote. If you need immediate assistance, please call 855-515-2170.