IBM WebSphere Service Registry and Repository V8 for Developers
List Tuition : $2,495.00 USD
Course OverviewDownload PDF
This 3-day course teaches you how to use and customize WebSphere Service Registry and Repository to work with the IT infrastructure of your organization.
IBM WebSphere Service Registry and Repository provides a robust, centrally managed system of record for service artifacts within a service-oriented architecture (SOA). Your organization can get more business value from your SOA by using WebSphere Service Registry and Repository to store, access, and manage service metadata so that services can be effectively shared, managed, and governed.
The course uses an interactive combination of instructor-led lectures and hands-on lab exercises. The course begins by introducing you to the concept of service registries and to the architecture of WebSphere Service Registry and Repository. In subsequent units and exercises, you learn how to work with the web UI and Business Space user interfaces, customize the service metamodel, author governance policies, and enable governance through policies. You also learn how to integrate Service Registry into three enterprise service bus solutions: WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus, WebSphere Message Broker, and WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliance.
The lab environment for this course uses the Windows platform.
This intermediate course is designed for application developers who work with service consumers and producers, integration specialists, and application developers who customize IBM WebSphere Service Registry and Repository V8.
- Find, publish, and manage service metadata with Business Space
- Document and track service development with the Governance Enablement Profile
- Customize business models, classifications, and service lifecycles through the Studio application
- Explain the difference between the two types of policies that are held in the service registry
- Use the Studio application to author governance policies
- Use the Business Space user interface to create WS_Mediation polices
- Implement dynamic service selection with mediation primitives in WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus
- Implement dynamic service selection with mediation nodes in WebSphere Message Broker
- Implement dynamic service selection with Service Registry services in WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances
- Describe the Service Registry information model
- Identify the application programming interfaces to Service Registry
- Course introduction
- WebSphere Service Registry and Repository overview
- Architecture and information model overview
- User interfaces: Web UI and Business Space
- Exercise: Using Service Registry through web UI and Business Space
- Governance Enablement Profile
- Exercise: Publishing and managing services with the Governance Enablement Profile
- Using Studio to customize WebSphere Service Registry and Repository
- Customizing business model classes
- Exercise: Creating a business model class
- Creating governance lifecycles
- Exercise: Creating a governance lifecycle
- Creating classification systems
- Exercise: Designing classification systems
- Governance policy validators
- Exercise: Authoring governance policy assertions
- Creating and using WS_Mediation policies
- Exercise: Authoring WS_MediationPolicy
- Customizing the Business Space user interface
- Exercise: Customizing the Business Space user interface
- Dynamic service selection with WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus
- Dynamic service selection with WebSphere Message Broker
- Dynamic service selection with WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances
You should be able to install, configure, secure, and administer IBM WebSphere Application Server V8.0 Network Deployment.
We offer training globally in over 36 countries, for course dates, please contact us
Request a Discounted Quote
Other Courses You May Like
Bring Training to You
Request schedule for this course
Request a Quote for this Class
We provide government and government contractor discounts, please request a quote
total option: 0
Hotel and Travel can be included on your quote.
For immediate response, you can call 1-855-515-2170 or we will provide a quote within 4 business hours. Travel must be booked 14 days before training for rate to apply.
Learn How to Become a Managed Learning Member
Request a Quote
Thank you for requesting a quote, we will be in touch shortly with a quote. If you need immediate assistance, please call 855-515-2170.