Course OverviewDownload PDF
This 1-day course is a technical overview of IBM WebSphere MQ. It provides a conceptual understanding of messaging and queuing as implemented by IBM WebSphere MQ.
IBM WebSphere MQ delivers reliable application integration for applications and web services, allowing users to fully leverage existing software and hardware investments. Through a series of lectures, students learn how IBM WebSphere MQ provides a messaging backbone for deploying an enterprise service bus (ESB) as the connectivity layer of a service-oriented architecture (SOA). The course also explains how IBM WebSphere MQ responsibilities can include the management of topic-based publish/subscription information.
There are no lab exercises in this course; students confirm their learning through checkpoint questions.
This basic course is designed for system administrators, application developers, and technical sales and marketing professionals.
- Compare IBM WebSphere MQ with other forms of program-to-program communication
- Identify the impact WebSphere MQ can have on application design
- Describe the basic components and structure of IBM WebSphere MQ
- Describe the function of each of the calls in the Message Queue Interface
- Describe the tasks that must be performed to manage a queue manager and its connections with:
- Other queue managers
- WebSphere MQ client applications
- Describe the transactional support within the IBM WebSphere MQ product
- Describe the features of IBM WebSphere MQ that contribute to system security
- Explain how IBM WebSphere MQ can be used as part of the communications infrastructure to:
- Connect application environments, such as the World Wide Web, enterprise transaction systems, and database systems
- Manage the dissemination of publisher information to appropriate subscribers
- Course introduction
- Introduction to WebSphere MQ
- Programming with WebSphere MQ
- Messages: additional information
- System administration
- Transactional support
- Linking, bridging, and the WebSphere MQ family
- Course summary
Students should have experience working with software. Skills and experience in one or more of the following specific areas enable students to derive more benefit from the course:
- Communications and networking
We offer training globally in over 36 countries, for course dates, please contact us
Request a Discounted Quote
Bring Training to You
Request schedule for this course
Request a Quote for this Class
We provide government and government contractor discounts, please request a quote
total option: 0
Hotel and Travel can be included on your quote.
For immediate response, you can call 1-855-515-2170 or we will provide a quote within 4 business hours. Travel must be booked 14 days before training for rate to apply.
Learn How to Become a Managed Learning Member
Request a Quote
Thank you for requesting a quote, we will be in touch shortly with a quote. If you need immediate assistance, please call 855-515-2170.