IBM MQ V8 Advanced System Administration (Distributed)
List Tuition : $2,895.00 USD
Course OverviewDownload PDF
This course expands the basic skill sets that are developed in Technical Introduction to IBM MQ (WM102G), and IBM MQ V8 System Administration (WM207G) and/or IBM MQ V8 System Administration (Using Linux for Labs) (WM209G).
This course focuses on features and facilities of IBM MQ, such as clustering and security. Specifically, you learn about implementing a cluster and authenticating connections, channels, and users. Other topics include securing channels with Secure Socket Layer (SSL), channel exit administration, advanced client features, event and message monitoring, and publish/subscribe administration.
This advanced skills course is designed for technical professionals who require advanced administrator skills for IBM MQ on distributed operating systems, or who provide support to others who administer IBM MQ. This course is based on IBM MQ V8 but is also appropriate for students who support prior versions of WebSphere MQ.
- Manage client connections and enable client connection functions such as conversation sharing and read ahead to improve performance
- Use Secure Sockets Layers (SSL) and Transport Layer Security (TLS) to secure TCP/IP channels
- Authenticate IBM MQ channels, connections, and users
- Implement channel exit programs
- Group a set of queue managers in a cluster to distribute the workload of message traffic across queues and queue managers
- Implement IBM MQ high availability
- Monitor application activity, events, and messages
- Implement a dead-letter queue message handler
- Administer distributed publish/subscribe networks
- Administer Java Message Service (JMS) in IBM MQ
- Course introduction
- Managing clients and connections
- Exercise: Configuring for shared conversations
- Securing IBM MQ channels with SSL and TLS
- Exercise: Securing channels with SSL
- Authenticating channels and connections
- Exercise: Implementing connection authentication
- Implementing an IBM MQ cluster
- Exercise: Configuring a basic IBM MQ cluster
- More troubleshooting tools and techniques
- Exercise: Handling messages on the dead-letter queue
- Exercise: Tracing message routes
- High availability
- Introduction to distributed publish/subscribe
- Exercise: Configuring distributed publish/subscribe
- Supporting JMS with IBM MQ
- Exercise: Administering JMS resources in IBM MQ
- Course summary
You should have the skills that are required to complete basic IBM MQ system administration tasks in a distributed environment. These skills can be obtained through practical experience or by successfully completing one of the IBM MQ V8 system a
We offer training globally in over 36 countries, for course dates, please contact us
Request a Discounted Quote
Bring Training to You
Request schedule for this course
Request a Quote for this Class
We provide government and government contractor discounts, please request a quote
total option: 0
Hotel and Travel can be included on your quote.
For immediate response, you can call 1-855-515-2170 or we will provide a quote within 4 business hours. Travel must be booked 14 days before training for rate to apply.
Learn How to Become a Managed Learning Member
Request a Quote
Thank you for requesting a quote, we will be in touch shortly with a quote. If you need immediate assistance, please call 855-515-2170.