Process Modeling and Implementation with IBM Business Process Manager (BPM)
List Tuition : $3,995.00 USD
Course OverviewDownload PDF
This 5-day instructor-led course teaches core process modeling skills, project development methodology, implementation fundamentals, and delivery best practice patterns that improve the speed and quality of process definition and implementation efforts.
In this course, you will use the Process Designer component of IBM Business Process Manager to create a business process definition (BPD) from business requirements that are identified during process analysis. You will learn how to work within the parameters of the business process management (BPM) life cycle methodology to maximize the functionality of IBM Business Process Manager and project development best practices. These practices include meeting the target playback goal and validating model functionality.
The course begins with an overview of BPM and process modeling. You will learn how to make team collaboration more efficient by enabling all team members to use standard process model elements and notation, which makes expressing and interpreting business requirements consistent throughout the BPM life cycle. The course also teaches you how to build an agile and flexible shared process model that can be understood by key business stakeholders, implemented by developers, and adjusted to accommodate process changes.
The course continues with the implementation of the process model, providing an overview of the architecture of IBM Business Process Manager and describing the use of process applications and toolkits within the tool. You will create variables, implement gateways, and enable swim lanes to demonstrate process flow on their diagrams. You will also build customized Web 2.0 user interfaces (Coaches) to enable business and process data flow throughout a process model. The course emphasizes the concepts of reuse, ease of maintenance, and using best practices.
This course is designed for users who have purchased any of the IBM Business Process Manager software packages, including basic, standard, and advanced.
The course uses an interactive learning environment, with hands-on demonstrations, class activities to reinforce concepts and check understanding, and labs that enable hands-on experience with BPM tasks and skills. This course is designed to be collaborative, and you can work in teams to perform class activities.
This course is for project members who design and implement detailed logic, data models, and external system integrations for an executable business process.
- Describe why process modeling is an important phase in the BPM life cycle methodology
- Identify how to create a process application using Process Designer
- List and identify the core elements that are used to create a BPD in Process Designer
- Translate workflow steps into business process activities and nested processes
- Control the process flow using gateways
- Validate that the process model meets playback zero goals and requirements
- Use an intermediate timer event to ensure that process deadlines are met
- Describe the architecture of IBM Business Process Manager
- Organize process assets using toolkits
- Manage variables and data flow
- Implement timer events
- Implement gateways and routing to control process flow
- Build services and user input forms (Coaches)
- Build a business data model
- Create a snapshot for deployment
- Create a decision service
- Model and implement message events
- Apply asset tagging to organize artifacts
- Access and manipulate external data
- Enhance Coaches for a rich user experience
- Utilize managed files effectively
- Implement effective error handling in processes and services
- Course introduction
- Getting started
- Introducing IBM Business Process Manager and Process Designer
- Creating a process model
- Process flow
- Playback zero: Validating the process model
- Intermediate timer events
- Introduction and prolog
- IBM Business Process Manager architecture
- IBM Business Process Manager overview: Toolkits overview
- Playback 1: Managing variables and data flow
- Playback 1: Implementing timer events
- Playback 1: Implementing gateways
- Playback 1: Routing tasks
- Playback 1: Validating process flow
- Playback 2: Creating a data model
- Playback 2: Building services
- Playback 2: Building Coaches
- Playback 2: Implementing services in a BPD
- Playback 2: Validating Coach data flow
- Playback 2: Creating a snapshot for deployment
- Playback 3: Creating a decision service
- Playback 3: Implementing message events
- Playback 3: Applying asset tagging
- Playback 3: Accessing and manipulating external data
- Playback 3: Validating rules, message events, and integrations
- Playback 4: Enhancing Coaches
- Playback 4: Using managed files
- Playback 4: Validating the user experience
- Playback 5: Hardening a process
- Playback 5: Validating error handling
- Course summary
You should have:
- Practical knowledge of data structures
- Understanding of SQL syntax
- Working experience with Extensible Markup Language (XML), Extensible Stylesheet Language Transformation (XSLT), Hypertext Markup Language (HT
We offer training globally in over 36 countries, for course dates, please contact us
Request a Discounted Quote
Bring Training to You
Request schedule for this course
Request a Quote for this Class
We provide government and government contractor discounts, please request a quote
total option: 0
Hotel and Travel can be included on your quote.
For immediate response, you can call 1-855-515-2170 or we will provide a quote within 4 business hours. Travel must be booked 14 days before training for rate to apply.
Learn How to Become a Managed Learning Member
Request a Quote
Thank you for requesting a quote, we will be in touch shortly with a quote. If you need immediate assistance, please call 855-515-2170.