Course OverviewDownload PDF
This course works with Information Server V8.7
In this course, you will learn about the features of IBM InfoSphere DataStage V8 and learn how to build and run DataStage Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) jobs. Also covered will be information on DataStage V8.1 in its IBM Information Server environment. You will learn how to build DataStage parallel jobs that read and write data to and from a variety of data stores including sequential files, data sets, and relational tables. Additionally, you will learn how to build parallel jobs that process data in a variety of ways: business transformations, data filtering, data combining, data generation, sorting, and aggregating.
This is a basic course for project administrators and ETL developers responsible for data extraction and transformation using DataStage.
- Combine data using lookup, join, and merge stages
- Create jobs that read from and write to sequential files
- Make jobs that read from and write to a relational database using the connector stages
- Build jobs that process data using transformations, combinations, filterings, sortings and aggregations
- Conduct searches and impact analyses
- Produce job reports
- Construct DataStage users
- Administer the DataStage environment
- Administration console
- Accessing sequential data
- Retrieve relational data using connectors
- Combining data
- Transforming data
- Job control
- Parallel framework
- Complex Flat File stage
- Slowly Changing Dimensions
- MQ Connector
- Performance Analyzer and Resource Estimator utilities
- Knowledge of the Windows OS
- Familiarity with Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) and relational database access technique
We offer training globally in over 36 countries, for course dates, please contact us
Request a Discounted Quote
Bring Training to You
Request schedule for this course
Request a Quote for this Class
We provide government and government contractor discounts, please request a quote
total option: 0
Hotel and Travel can be included on your quote.
For immediate response, you can call 1-855-515-2170 or we will provide a quote within 4 business hours. Travel must be booked 14 days before training for rate to apply.
Learn How to Become a Managed Learning Member
Request a Quote
Thank you for requesting a quote, we will be in touch shortly with a quote. If you need immediate assistance, please call 855-515-2170.